Workshop with Prof. Kärin Nickelsen (Munich): Kooperation und Konkurrenz in den Wissenschaften, 30 June 2016.
Guest Lecture by Prof. Moritz Epple (Frankfurt/Main): Das Theaitetos-Problem: Überlegungen zu einer Geschichte schwacher Wissensbestände, 15 June 2016.
Guest Lecture by Prof. Volker Hess (Berlin): Die Papiermaschine. Klinische Forschung im frühen 20. Jahrhundert, 1 June 2016.
Guest Lecture by Prof. Maria Kronfeldner (Budapest): Should we eliminate human nature talk? Essentialism, dehumanization and the elimination question, 4 May 2016.
Public Lecture by Prof. Gerd B. Müller (Vienna), Evolving Evolutionary Theory, 6 April 2016.
Alumni in Conversation with Miles MacLeod, John Michael and Jan Surman, 16 March 2016.
Public Lecture by Prof. Elisabeth Nemeth (Vienna): Kants Erkenntnisvermögen als historische und soziologische Konzeption. Ein Versuch zu Edgar Zilsel und Michael Friedman, 27 January 2016.
Guest Lecture by Prof. Thomas Uebel (Manchester): Rationalität und Pseudorationalismus in der Debatte zur Wirtschaftsrechnung im Sozialismus, 20 January 2016.
Guest Lecture by Prof. Manfred Laubichler (Tempe, AZ): Big data and the development and spread of knowledge in modern biomedical research, 13 January 2016.
Guest Lecture by Prof. Hans Bernhard Schmid (Vienna): "Das Subjekt von 'wir beabsichtigen'", 9 December 2015.
Guest Lecture by Prof. Michael Hagner (Zurich): "Die Sprache der Geisteswissenschaften und die Krise der Urteilskraft", 2 December 2015.
Public Lecture by Prof. Mitchell Ash and Prof. Friedrich Stadler (Vienna): "Universitäts- und/oder Wissenschaftsgeschichte. Am Beispiel der Buchreihe 650 Jahre Universität Wien – Aufbruch ins neue Jahrhundert", 11 November 2015.
Public Lecture by Prof. Martin Kusch (Vienna): "Computational Science: Non-Human or Social Epistemology?", 17 June 2015.
Round Table "Current Research on the IAEA": Panel discussion with Maria Rentetzi, Elisabeth Röhrlich and Anna Weichselbraun, 27 May 2015.
Guest Lecture by Dr. Ina Heumann (Berlin): "Modern Deep Times. Zur Zeitgeschichte des Berliner Brachiosaurus brancai", 13 May 2015.
Guest Lecture by Dr. Lukas Mairhofer (Wien): "A-Tom und In-dividuum: Bertold Brechts Interferenz mit der Quantenmechanik", 15 April 2015.
Guest Lecture by Prof. Anastasios Brenner (Montpellier): "The Origins and Significance of Historical Epistemology", 18 March 2015.
Public Lecture at the IFK by DK fellow Anna Lindemann: "Freuds Kokainstudien und die Standards psychopharmakologischer Forschung (1878–1888)", 12 January 2015.
Guest Lecture by Dr. Tania Munz, Northwestern University, USA: "Karl von Frisch and the Discovery of the Honeybee Dance Language – A Brief History", 3 December 2014.
Opening event for the second funding period with a presentation by DK faculty speaker Prof. Mitchell Ash and a guest lecture by Prof. Hans-Jörg Rheinberger (Berlin), 22 October 2014.
Workshop "Job Day" with talks by Klaus Taschwer (Der Standard), Birgit Dalheimer (ORF/Ö1), Beatrix Asamer (FWF) and Sarah Kohlmaier (career counselor UNIPORT), 21 March 2014. An opportunity for the Fellows to deepen their knowledge of alternative career paths outside academia.
Symposium One Hundred Years Vienna Institute of Experimental Biology (Hundert Jahre Biologische Versuchsanstalt), 6-7 Feb. 2014.
The Final conference of the first funding period, "Sciences in Contexts" (Abschlusstagung), took place in December 2013 (4-6)
Our fellows Martin Wieser and Thomas Mayer have been awarded the 2013 Bader Prize for the History of the Natural Sciences (like Anna Lindemann two years earlier or the IK alumnus Sonja Walch in 2009). The ceremony took place on 28 november at the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
- On October 7, 2013, an all-day Interim Review Hearing in connection with our application for a second funding period (2014-2018) took place at the FWF, Sensengasse 1, Vienna (agenda). After this event, everyone gathered for a group portrait taken by fellow Georg Kopsky. New Faculty members Markus Aspelmeyer (Physics) and Martin Kusch (Philosophy) made presentations at the hearing, but had to leave before the photo was taken.
- A second internal workshop was held in order to prepare the final conference (december 2013). this workshop was organized by the doctoral fellows in a seminar hotel in Brno (16.-18. January).
2012: 22.-24. Juni Second international Workshop on Lysenkoism (PDF)
- dk went marathon! Four members of the DK program ran the 29. Vienna City Marathon on Sunday 15 April 2012 in a relay team (check out!).
- 18. April 2012: Vortrag von Ian Hacking (Collège de France / University of Toronto) (Alte Kapelle, Hof. 2.8 am Campus, PDF).
2011: In October 2011 an internal workshop was held on methodological issues in the history of science, organized by the doctoral fellows in a seminar hotel near Vienna.
- Naomi Beck (KLI for Evolution and Cognition Research), Cornelius Borck (Lübeck) Massimo Ferrari (Torino) held guest lectures in the DK Colloquium.
- May 19-21: Annual Meeting of the GWG (Gesellschaft für Wissenschaftsgeschichte) in Vienna, hosted by the Institute Vienna Circle (IVC), the DK "The Sciences in Historical, Philosophical and Cultural Contexts" and the GWG
- On the second day of the meeting the collegiates of the DK presented their work. Their poster session took place on Friday, May 20, from 5pm-6pm at Albert Schweitzer Haus, Schwarzspanierstraße 13, 1090 Vienna.